Elie Levy, MD, FAAD
Board Certified Dermatologist
Dr. Levy was born in Paris, France. He left at age three months to San Francisco.
In 1970, Dr. Levy moved to Seattle, where he attended private school until he began his studies at the University of Washington. There he majored in Near Eastern Languages and Civilization, while pursuing his pre-med program–a heavy load! There he also focused on learning languages: Hebrew, Arabic and French. Dr. Levy is also fairly fluent in Spanish.
For medical school Dr. Levy attended the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He spent six months at the prestigious New York University Skin Cancer Unit working with Drs. Kopf and Bystryn, who are leaders in skin cancer research. This partnership then led to publishing two papers on Melanoma and one on Basal Cell Carcinoma. Dr. Levy graduated medical school with a special degree in Cutaneous Oncology, skin cancer. This is quite a feat for a medical student!
For the next three years, Dr. Levy completed a full residency in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. There he met his lovely wife, Miriam.
Dr. Levy moved up north a bit to Montreal, Quebec, Canada for his dermatology residency. His two best friends were Canadians living in New York at the time.
Dr. Levy underwent special training in MOHS Skin Cancer Surgery under Dr. Bernstein at the Mayo Clinic and Dr. Billick at the University of Miami. There, Dr. Levy published monthly articles on all forms of skin disease in a local medical journal and presented rare cases at Quarterly meetings. Dr. Levy began his practice in Burien in November of 1997. He was the first to bring the technique of Mohs Surgery to South Seattle. This provides a 99% cure rate for skin cancer.
In 1999, Dr. Levy began teaching future dermatologists at the University of Washington Dermatology Division and enjoys doing so to the present. He continues to educate and teach dermatology by going to many conferences annually, as it is important to maintain one’s knowledge.
Dr. Levy’s memberships include:
- American Academy of Dermatology (Fellow 1999)
- American Medical Association (2001 to present)
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (1998 to present)
- American Society for Mohs Surgery (Fellow)
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery
- American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP)
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington (1999 to 2012)
- International Society for Dermatologic Surgery (1998 to present)
- International Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs, 2000
- Seattle Dermatologic Society
- Washington State Medical Association (1998 to present)
- Washington State Dermatology Association (1997 to present)